|PZL-Swidnik BZ-1 "Gil"|
This orthodox helicopter had a two-bladed rotor mounted on a universal joint, and a small ancillary rotor with servo blades to regulate cyclic pitch and ensure stability in the main rotor. The latter was located immediately above the engine. The anti-torque tail rotor was placed at the end of a monocoque boom made of plywood.
Bronislaw Zurakowski, one of its designers, acted as test pilot during the early trials.
P.Lambermont "Helicopters and Autogyros of the World", 1958
Two-seat light helicopter designed by Bronislaw Zurakowski, with enclosed fuselage, open cockpit, fixed tricycle u/c and one 105hp Walter Mikron 4-III piston engine. One Prot. SP-GIL FF 4 April 1950.
* * *