Sikorsky EH-60A Quick Fix II

23.12.2021 01:31

Revolution Helicopter Mini-500

17.12.2021 22:23

Mil Mi-24A

15.12.2021 06:47

Serg, e-mail, 27.01.2022 09:28

Are EH-60A/L still in service in the army now???? And why the EH-60 was not integrated with the Profit complex. Profit had to be integrated with Shadow-200

Serg, e-mail, 27.01.2022 09:28

Serg, e-mail, 27.01.2022 09:28

CHris deveney, e-mail, 23.01.2022 04:47

Now i remember that beautiful secretariez name kelly demarah.The eh 60 program was a lot of fun,lot of hard work,great job

Chris deveney, e-mail, 23.01.2022 00:25

I was a test flight crewchief for all of the eh-60a modifications ,i worked for tracor,flight systems out of mojave,ca. I was there when we delivered the first one ,and i crewchiefed the very last one when i delivered it to tracor headquarters in austin tx. Rode o. Nearly all of the test flights,and responsible for the maintenance. Solid aircraft enjoyed working and flying in all of 100 of them. Me and a few other guys,you know who you are. Sergio nunez,tabb beaton,avery baker, melanie,tim,and our beautiful secretary (wish i could remember your name).

Doug, e-mail, 21.01.2022 06:16

I picked up two airframes (non-flyers) bodies only. They are both EH-60A (86-24571 and 86-24576)
I am looking for images and mission history on them. Thx. Doug

Melissa Tyler, e-mail, 17.01.2022 10:31

SKYLINK did a great job helping us achieve our goals. Our credit is in a critical condition which prevented us from getting approved for home loan. Reaching out with SKYLINK CYBER SERVICES he boosted our score to 802 and also cleaned up the debts of $94,034 and all the derogatory marks like hard inquiries, collections, bankruptcy and late payments on my credit report were deleted permanently. His appreciated. Contact him on SKYLINKCYBERSERVICES@GMAIL.COM

James Bryant, e-mail, 17.01.2022 04:14

I was an operator EH-60 (and the Huey version prior to). Mike Brown, above, was one of our platoon's crew chiefs.

Andrew Rodriguez, e-mail, 04.01.2022 04:14

Hi Hugh, sounds like you were in the 138th? John Saunders told us a funny story about you “acquiring” lumber! :)

Join us on Facebook for 138th Veterans

Andy Rodriguez

Andrew Rodriguez, e-mail, 08.12.2021 08:47

Hi Tom, sounds like you were in the 138th Avn Co (RR) would love to talk to you about your experience!

Andrew Rodriguez, e-mail, 08.12.2021 08:26

Terry Flink, e-mail, 20.06.2021 16:28

As a new 2LT right out of flight school, I fielded the Quickfix Platoon for the 4th ID at Ft. Carson in the early 90s. We were the first Blackhawks in the division. Back then 4th ID was near the bottom of DoDs list and was near the bottom of the list to receive new equipment. There were Guard and Reserve units with higher priority than us. It was cool to be the first Blackhawks in the division, but the lack of maintenance support and infrastructure made it challenging. As mentioned above, my platoon was rarelytasked to perform the true Quickfix mission because of a lack of understanding by the Military Intelligence unit, my Aviation Regiment and even myself and fellow aviators. Most frequently we were a flying “re-trans” station to improve radio communications between aviation units performing other missions.

The Quickfix course at Ft. Huachuca taught us about the airframe, mission equipment and mission planning. We left knowing how to perform the mission but with little understanding of why to perform the mission. Add to that the limitations of the EH-60A in many ways made the aircraft impractical for the mission. That said, the members of my platoon did have a higher level of knowledge about employing the EH-60s because of our training and it was our job to try to educate those that would task us with our missions. Generally speaking O-5s and O-6s don’t want to listen to brand new LTs.
And honestly, a young aviator like myself didn’t want to be “boring holes in the sky”.

Hugh Tomlinson, e-mail, 09.04.2021 18:42

Was VHFS you referred to Vint Hill Farms? I was there in 68-70 after returning from Viet Nam. Was a pretty decent place to be stationed then.

Hugh Tomlinson, e-mail, 09.04.2021 18:38

This has a familiar ring to it. In 1967-68 I was at Da Nang supporting the RU-8D aircraft supporting 3rd Marine Division with Airborne Direction Finding. I think the design theory was, if there is room for it will fit. We flew four hour missions with a fifteen minute fuel reserve. Phantoms had wait for us to take off, and then another few minutes for us to clear the airspace so that they didn't run over us. They probably used more fuel waiting for us than we burned in four hours. If I remember correctly a Beechcraft rep refused to fly in our of out planes because he claimed that it was too heavy to fly. Bit we flew four mission every morning and four more every afternoon.
We were successful enough that the Navy awarded us a Meritorious Unit Citation for our support of 3rd Marine. The plane could not get much over 10,000 feet or fly faster than 126 Knots if memory serves me correctly. The RU-21 arrived a year late as I was leaving country.
They were interesting times!

Michael Nolen, e-mail, 23.01.2021 16:02

I wrote the operator training development for this project from and validated the -10 and all maint manuals when I was at TRADOC at Ft Devens 86-89 Actually flew on the YEH model.

Mike White, e-mail, 02.02.2018 15:14

Great write ups on the EH60. I was very fortunate to be assigned Project Manager for the support role of this program back in 1997 after the closure of VHFS. When the aircraft was rejected from the Prophet Program it was sad day for me as a manager. I was tasked by DA to work with AVSCOM to strip all the fielded EH60's of their mission equipment and turn all the aircraft over to Ft. Rucker to become aircraft trainers, with exception of the one sent to NASA. These aircraft had the lowest air frame time in the Army inventory. I was honored to have flown on and supported this program and appreciated all the aircrews I meet. I also worked as the support manager with development of the AQF program and could not believe it would be scrapped.

Dr. Stephen Spies, e-mail, 06.06.2017 14:34

I flew the EH-60A with the TN ARNG. Started Flying EW Aircraft w/the TNARNG in EH-1 HacJam System & the upgrade to the EH-60A airframe, & the QF system was necessary to make RW/EW Aircraft practical as the EH-1 airframe could not really support any real missions. While the the upgrade to the EH-60L airframe w/extended range, or in the EW series of aircraft extended "On-Station" time. In the end, however, I believe that the mission requirements, and added versitity, would have been better served if the Army had more forsight it would have gone with a CH-47C airframe, as with the additional space & electrical capacity to accommodate additional operator stations, & would still be more versitile (& more functional within the CH-47D airframe although the EH-60L does address the endurance questions that were present in the EH-60A, which should have been equipped with the drop tanks. With experience in both Aviation, & Military Intelligence, I have to say that perhaps initially there was some hesitation within the Intelligence Com$unity to bring on a RW-based platform, especially one based upon a widely distributed RW airframe, that would end up with the "collection asset" being operated at the "Tactical Commander's level. Their hesitancy was eventually justified when some field commanders unable to resist converting at least one of these air conditioned airframes into VIP use, not understanding that there was a specific reason why the EH-60's were deployed in a four (4) airframe unit. Add to those issues were the constraints that perhaps only became obvious after the airframes were fielded, that being the lack of the specialized experience and training that limited its efficacy when mission planning was done by an S-3/G-3 shop under the direction of a non-Military Intelligce Branch officer, & flown by aviators who also lacked Intelligence Community experience. The "turf-battles" & lack of the institutional support at the deployment level demonstrated that assests such as these should be assigned to Military Intelligence Units and co-located with the RC-12 FW aircraft, & flow by aviators who had operational experience in flying collection assets.

Rick Finch, e-mail, 30.03.2017 23:45

I photographed a Blackhawk at Gulf Shores Al a few weeks ago with this tail number on it: 0-24472, and a big white 72L painted on the fuselage. From a novice, how can I tell what model it is?

Frank Tupper, e-mail, 13.01.2017 22:58

I flew the EH-60 from '89-'96. Good mission, great aircraft. Especially loved the air conditioning that no other Hawks had! Camp Mobile, Korea/ Ft. Ord C 3/123, Ft. Wainright (C 4/123?), and Fort Drum. Great crew members!!

Juan Saucedo, e-mail, 06.01.2017 22:06

Hey Mike. I think the tail number of the bird you crewed was 87-24668. The tail number you listed might have been our VIP bird. The other two EH birds were 86-23573 and 87-24669. I am currently working with 87-24657 here at Moffett Field. It has been repurposed as strictly a research bird here at NASA.

C/3/123 Avn Rgt Jan89-Feb92

JD Whitaker, e-mail, 15.07.2016 13:42

Was part of the integration and test team on both QuickFix aircraft. Allen Edwards and I flew hundreds of calibration fights out of Moffett Field. Our transmitter site was call sign Rathole. We set down at Fresno ANG for data reduction.

Mike Delta Brown, e-mail, 07.05.2016 00:07

Correction to Robert Caprara's designation. Quick Fix II was the UH-60A EW package. Original Quick Fix was the Huey install. C/3/123 Avn. Regt. 1988-1990. Crew Chief of S/N 23246, as I recall.

Ronald, e-mail, 29.06.2015 19:00

Quick Fix I, or just Quick fix, Ft Hood, 72-74. We had two Hueys, one with drop-down df antenna, and one with a long jammer antenna.

terry omahoney, e-mail, 13.05.2015 19:59

I worked at the Depot in Fresno. I flew most of the EH-60A's and EH-1H/X's. I've got a pretty crazy picture of 301 with what has to be one of the first hand laid HIRSS... tried to swipe this aircraft for the Depot at we had some weird ones... didn't get it. Wonder where it is today.

Albert L. Tomimbang, e-mail, 28.12.2012 04:47

it is a superb helicopter most utylized as ive seen in the blackhawk down movie 1 of usefull design of aircraft , i wish our country have those 1 day for our army,though we already have one in our airforce rescue unit..thanks to Mr. Sikorsky and to U.S. builders.. More power to all of you

Robert Caprara, e-mail, 30.09.2011 00:00

The bottom photo on the EH-60A page is in fact an EH-60L from a program to replace the EH-60A. I was assigned as a test pilot for this aircraft from July 1998 - January 2000.
The A Model is the Quick Fix and the L Model is the Quick Fix II. It was designed to work with the "prophet" intel system.

Koko, e-mail, 19.06.2007 21:51