|PASSENGER||Virtual Aircraft Museum / Italy / Macchi|
Designed as a commercial amphibian, the prototype MC.94 flew for the first time in 1935 while powered by two 574kW Wright SGR-1820-F air-cooled radial engines. Accommodation was provided for two pilots in the fully enclosed cockpit, 12 passengers in the cabin with a toilet to the rear, baggage in an aft compartment and marine gear in a nose compartment. The first five production MC.94 (without the retractable wheels of the prototype which swung forward into streamlined casings in the leading edges of the wings) were similarly powered. The only other production aircraft were six similar flying-boats with 596kW Alfa Romeo 126 RC.10 engines. All MC.94 served initially with Ala Littoria.