|Virtual Aircraft Museum / Germany / Hansa-Brandenburg|
An enlarged W.12 developed to meet a demand for a two-seat fighter seaplane with greater endurance, the W.19 was first committed to operations in January 1918. Appreciably larger than the W.12, the W.19 was of similar construction with fabric-covered wings and plywood- covered fuselage and floats, and was powered by a 260hp Maybach Mb IVa six-cylinder water-cooled engine. The substantial increase in span necessitated the adoption of a two-bay arrangement, and, apart from the three prototypes, all W.19s carried an armament of two 7.92mm LMG 08/15 synchronised machine guns and a single Parabellum of similar calibre on a flexible mount in the rear cockpit. One W.19 was experimentally fitted with a 20mm Becker cannon for trials. A total of 53 production W.19s was completed (one being retained for static tests).