|Barry, 25.10.2011 19:02|
Adler-Weke took over the Frankfurter Flugzeeubau Max Gerner GmbH on the the 1st January 1934. The G II R had first flown in 1931, subsequent developments led to the G II Rb in 1933. After suffering two fatal crashes the aircraft was extensively redesigned to become the G II Rc. In fact the aircraft in the photograph is a G II Rc and not a G II Rb. The Gerner company became autonomous again by 1935.