|Barry, 20.04.2016 16:55|
The S.18 was a successful training aircraft which sold well to clubs and as the S.118, was powered by 1 x 85 h.p. Walter NZ 85, and used between 1925 and 1930 by the Czechoslovakian Air Force. The S.218 featured a revised fuselage and a more powerful 120 h.p. Walter NZ 120 engine. One of these was purchased by the Finnish government, who later ordered nine more and negotiated a manufacturing license. With the license in place they built some 29 more in three batches slightly modified featuring a 150 h.p.Finnish built Bramo engine. This basic trainer was in service from 1930 to 1945 and one is still extent in the Finnish Aviation Museum at Vantaa.