|Dorand GII "Gyroplane"|
In 1938, Rene Dorand created the Societe Francaise Du Gyroplane, to develop a new aircraft with coaxial rotors, the GII, which was evacuated to Chambery in 1940 and finished in spite of all. After the end of the war, it was found that no one dared to start the rotors, which, one must admit, were very close to one another. The aircraft was donated to the French Air Museum.
Jean Boulet "History of the Helicopter as told by its pioneers 1907-1956"