Bell Model 406 / OH-58D "Kiowa Warrior"

14.12.2017 16:04

Sikorsky S-1

08.12.2017 01:12

Mil V-12

07.12.2017 16:59

Revolution Helicopter Mini-500

John Martin, e-mail, 02.12.2017 18:34

Sir, I would like to know how the MMS is secured to the top of the rotor head so that it does not spin with the head. Many thanks.

Bill, e-mail, 25.04.2013 02:13

I am interested in finding an engineer that knows the knows the ends and outs of the Bell 58D and who could discuss how modications can be made to them to fit current requirements.

Chris S. Wu,, e-mail, 30.07.2012 20:42

I'm looking for twenty sets of AHRS for OH-58D. Will accept used AHRS if it is tested all right. Thank you.

Chris Sprecher, e-mail, 04.05.2012 18:33

I have the worst SCAS issue known to man... P/R and Yaw switches will not stay engaged. Every wire in the 1p3 on the transmission deck was replaced end to end and everything has been changed and checked including all TB and WT hydraulics and cmts and all power related components... We have tried speaking with our bell rep and other SMEs but no one can figure out why all new parts and wiring has not fixed this problem... If anybody has any info please let me know... It just came back from reset with the new CMWS and SATCOM mods as well..... SGT Sprecher, Christopher M.

polo, e-mail, 16.06.2011 13:06

mohammed, e-mail, 05.12.2010 15:09

i am from Saudi Arabia
i need (BHTM-406SACS-MM-1) BELL MODEL 406 CS
406 MAINTENANCE MANUAL
I HAVE IT IN MANUAL I NEED IT IN CD
please ANY ONE HAVE IT please SEND IT TO ME
THAMKS

Propwinder42, e-mail, 02.12.2010 17:02

HI, I am involved with a company that supports the manufacture of spare parts for the OH-58 for the U.S. Army. Any help that I can get for the acquisition of structural drawings for this aircraft would be very helpful. We work in all types of metal and composites.

fayhan, e-mail, 29.04.2010 13:54

i need any refrence for bell 406 or 58d system because iam new test pilot and i need to read more about my aircraft please ..please help me and thanks

al-anazi ahmad, e-mail, 22.04.2010 11:41

hi__im ahmad from saudi arabia..im interested in your topics. well, im an aircraft technician for 406cs helicopter. i work as avionics Tehnician. im asking if i can take course in u.s. for basic electronics because sometimes i must do the diagrams for the wiring malfunction and heard that u can learn that system in u.s. and thanks very much. consider me as new friend of you.bye

Frank, e-mail, 16.09.2009 13:54

If I remember correctly the 58D was not intially designed or intended to be a replacement for the scout gun pink teams of vietnam as you initially imply by saying the platform was supposed to be designed to work with the POS Apache. The target handover system was never designed and never worked with the Apaches and the 58D could only laze but not target handover for the Apache until fixes were in place. The system did work for Artillery as was its original intended purpose. The 58D was funded by artillery to replace the 58A/C AOs with their DMD systems which is why the initial 58Ds for the first 15 years were assigned to Artillery as either TARPs or TARCs. This outstanding and way ahead of its time platform was requested and paid for by artillery with little or no interference from the Aviation side of the house because they were getting the platform after the artillery folks paid the bill. The TVs, TIS, 1553 data bus, MFDs and Marconi strips were part of this package back in the early 80's and just now the "new" aircraft are starting to get on board with databuses and glass cockpits. Hope this helps.

Bob Burrill, e-mail, 25.06.2009 16:41

One thing that is never mentioned in any discussion about the 58D is the Master Constroller Processor Unit (MCPU). It was the complete mission computer, display controller, stability augmentation computer, system management computer, etc. There were two of them and they were redundant in what they could do. Each consisted of two computers, again with redundancy. Sperry took designs from existing equipment and miniturized it to the point of fiting everything (CPUs, 1553, memory, analog and digital I/O, graphics engine, video I/O, etc) in 5 PC cards. And it was all delivered on-time (both the prototypes and later the production boxes)! This from a brand new facility with brand new engineers. And the software was also delivered on-time! These were firsts not only for Sperry but also for any vehicular program to the United States military. And they were in budget!

I am very proud of my entire team - they were amazing. Without their dedication and effort this entire program could have gone away like so many others. But not only did it stay it has been used as a model for how to do avionics programs right.

David Hernandez, e-mail, 25.11.2008 17:54

Would like to know the actual weight of Cabin Structure only.

Richard Davis, e-mail, 15.08.2007 00:25

If you have any information regarding parts and pieces maps or any diagrams for the 58d could you please send me a reference.
v/r
CW2 Richard Davis
(334)379-7114

Eddie Wilson, e-mail, 03.06.2007 14:53

Saudi Arabia military has 14 406CS. Some require repair work on their SCAS Computers P/N 8514592-901. Honeywell, Bell Textron,and Allied have all reported a No Bid on the repair. I am requesting a facility to your knownledge that would have the capability to repair this unit.